Sunday, June 1, 2008

How Do You Eat an Elephant?

Each term, I look forward to meeting professors who can teach me more about life than just numbers and business models. I’ve definitely met a handful in three years. Yet, I’m still hoping I’ll meet a couple more.

I wasn’t disappointed.

The moment my Business Policy professor entered the room, I already knew he had long years of business experience under his belt. In simpler terms, “Boss na boss ‘yung dating”, although it was a bit funny when he began introducing himself by saying he’s Sharon Cuneta’s brother in- law (which automatically means he’s Kiko Pangilinan’s brother). He had an entertaining sense of humor, with a pinch of arrogance that makes his personality interesting. He likes students who voice out their opinions, but you have to make sure you can defend them because he sure does voice out opinions, too.

In the past couple of meetings, I’ve been feeling a bit nervous in his class. Not really the Atty. Uribe nervousness type, but closer to being anxious to learn and, once in a while, blurt out correct answers.

I’ve only sat in his class twice, yet he already imparted to us lessons that couldn’t be found in books. I’m looking forward to more real- life business stories, more daring opinions and, well, more of his charms.

Oh, you have to cut it into bite- size pieces.

The elephant.

He said that.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]