Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Rest... Later

Just when FUN is supposedly the only thing I’m concerned about, I’m bombarded with endless uncertainties that worry the most part of my brain. I know it’s pointless troubling myself with these questions because no amount of stress can give me the answers. Yet, I can’t stop myself from being edgy.


Sometimes, I feel like I worry way too much that I miss out being young and carefree. Most of the time, I’d rather be this worried and serious than enjoy my youth and be left with nothing to relish afterwards. If only ‘THE ME six years ago’ can read my mind right now, she’ll surely be rolling in the floor laughing. I used to be a happy go lucky person. I used to think the future was so far ahead that nothing in my present can significantly damage it. Well, I guess that mentality no longer suits me at this age.

For the past months I’ve been doing some serious talks with my parents about my future plans. Considering the number of options I laid down in front of them, nothing seems concrete at this point. I’m still undecided about a lot of things. And just like how I do my shopping, I want to have a view of everything in store before making a purchase. However, the drawback is, life isn’t as limited and as small as a shopping center. So if I’m too picky, I might miss out on the greatest opportunities I can never take back.

Keng and I sometimes say what’s important is that we are on steady ground and we’ll just figure out the rest later. Then again, next Saturday, we are scheduled to attend an Australian Education Exhibition at Makati Shangri- La. I suppose this is one way of making ‘the later’, earlier and ‘the rest’, a little lesser.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]