Friday, April 18, 2008

Cynical

Obviously, I haven’t written about anything lately. It’s not that there wasn’t anything meaningful or interesting to write about. I guess I’m just avoiding this whole writing thing.

For the past weeks, I’ve been immersed into all sorts of emotions. Yes, I’m now way above all of them but there’s still this force that’s keeping me from recognizing the experience; thus, stopping me from writing about it.

When people ask me why I write, I often say it’s like placing your experiences into a step higher. It’s one thing to be exposed into reality, recognizing that fact is an entirely different story.

When I put into words the emotions inside me, I face up to the anger, disappointment, happiness, insecurity, love and the rest of those kinds. Nowadays, I find it easier to just let them go. I let them pass wishing they wouldn’t touch me in any way- even though I know that’s not possible.

These days I feel numb, except for that ache in my heart caused by all the questions I left hanging. I guess I’m just not ready to confront whatever it is I’m holding back.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]