Thursday, March 20, 2008

Road Map

The older I get, the more complicated my life plans become. And it scare the hell out of me.

When I was in elementary, I only had one path to follow: become a lawyer, then settle down and have a beautiful family.

I was unaware of all the other opportunities that may come my way back in those days. I thought I just needed to find out what I want and pursue it. So I decided I want to become a wife, a mother and a lawyer- that simple.

Now that I am almost done with college, I look back and see how much my plans have changed; how much my options grew in numbers. Being in College extended my horizon, to the point of making it limitless. I started with one path, mainly black and white views of what I wanted. Now, I watch my plans branch out, but sometimes I feel like I overdid it.

Becoming a lawyer has always been in my heart. But now, I’m unsure, more than ever, if I will eventually take that route. I’ve always envisioned myself as a teacher, touching hearts and seeing my students transform right before my eyes. This is also one of my options; one of the too many options I don’t have a clue how to handle.

I want to become a partner in the biggest auditing firm, I want to study abroad, I want to own a coffee/flower shop, and I want to become a housewife. The list can go on and on, you see. So, perhaps, I might have certainly overdone some parts.

Since the start of this year, I have been feeling jittery about the future. I’m scared, of making the wrong turns, of ending up at the wrong corner, of seeing myself stunned in front of a dead end; I’m frightened of making the wrong choices and ending up not liking who I have become.
Yes, it feels downright scary, but if there’s one thing I’m sure about, it’s that I like where I stand today. I hope I can say that again tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow, and all the days after that.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]