Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Power Trip

Whenever I pick up the newspapers to read, I often find myself freezing for a second to think whether it’s still worth my time. Newspapers are supposed to contain news, among others, and news is a report of recent events. But how in the world will I be sure that what I read about are facts and not just some made- up yarns?

Don’t get me wrong here. I’m not questioning the credibility of journalists. Well, not this time, at least. What I am protesting about is how some ‘well- respected’ personalities intentionally manipulate this country’s history.

Day by day, I watch interviews of politicians uttering selfless words yet not meaning them. I mean, for Christ’s sake, how can they lie with a straight face? In front of the entire country?

Today, our dear Philippines is in a really bad shape. We lack the budget to sustain growth, or even just to maintain whatever we have. That’s what they’ve been trying to put into our heads, anyway. But who knows? Even the papers might be wrong. Only those rich, famous and powerful know. They treat our country as their little board game.

And now, as another controversy unfolds, or rather, as shortly forgotten accusations resurface, prominent figures are doing what they do best again: appearing on stage, delivering speeches they don't even write, themselves. In fairness to a handful of courageous souls, they came out to tell the truth. Right now, we still can’t tell who’s who. Everyone’s sharing the same limelight. But, at the end of the show, I’m sure, there are people who’ll be marked with disgrace and would be willing to trade faces with dogs.

They came as clowns, after all. They’ll leave as one, too.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]