Saturday, February 2, 2008

Life's a Race

I really don’t know how to say this; I honestly have no idea where to start. So rather than squeezing my mind for droplets of perfect words, I’ll just say it in the exact way it occurred in my mind:

Sitting in a chair while I watch people work so, so hard to the point of spending sleepless nights in the office, I finally accepted the fact that life is, indeed, a race.

As students, we work doubly hard just to attain good grades in the hopes of getting closer to a bright future. As someone who is in her last year of playing that role, I thought the race-like feeling of living my life would end upon graduation.

Apparently, I thought wrong.

Being exposed to the corporate/ real world for more than a week now has opened my eyes to the reality I have long been trying hard not to notice. I really didn’t want to accept the fact that people are natured ambitious. Not that it’s something negative; I just find it tiring, that’s all.

But sooner or later, I know, I’ll also unravel that ‘natured ambitious’ side of me. I will soon set concrete goals for myself and I will do my best to attain them. However, unlike some who lose track of the other more important things in their lives, while running after their dreams, I will never forget the people who make my life complete.

So now, more or less, I’m ready to live life the way it is to be lived- I will dream and reach my dreams no matter how far they are. I will work doubly hard without complaining about stress and pressures. But when it gets really tiring, like how I don’t want my life to be, I will crawl back to my own little world where disappointments don’t exist and achievements are attained effortlessly. I will let the loving arms of my most favorite person in the world embrace me. And there, no matter what, I’ll always be above everyone else.

Few hours ago, a quite disappointing reality struck me:


Life is a race.


Howbeit, right this very minute, I realized:


If life is, indeed, a race…..

…then Keng is definitely my sweetest pit stop.




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]