Friday, February 22, 2008

Banana Pancakes

Sometimes, life gets really tough, making me want to give up and just let the world succumb me.

Last night was a perfect example.

Because of four straight days of merely 3 hours of sleep, my system just gave up and resisted to bear another (almost) sleepless night. I got home around 8pm, had my dinner and sat in our sofa. The next thing I knew, I was staring at our clock in horror, realizing it was already 1am.

I panicked; to the point of just freezing right there for a few more minutes. It felt like sleeping for 4 hours was a crime. I had a 1-inch thick, back to back, reading assignment and a case to finish for that day’s class. And no, I wasn’t cramming because I set those things aside for the past few days. It was assigned that same day. So the moment the professor announced our homeworks, crunch time started.

For some, perhaps, this may sound too shallow but I reached my breaking point right there. I cried. I cried as if someone took away something from me; I cried not just because of what happened; I cried because of all the pressures, the disappointments and the fears that were all piling up in my heart.

Without even thinking, I reached for my phone and called him. Hearing his voice, I knew, would take away whatever was hurting me.


In the moment I thought I was ready to let my dreams slip out of my grip and just stop to watch everyone overtake me, it took him only 8 words to stop the sobbing and hurting:

Gawin mo na lang para sa kin, ha?


That was it.

In my low point, he picked me up and carried me in his arms until I was strong enough to walk again with my own feet. And as I ended the call, I could almost hear (one of) our song (s) playing on the background.
We could close the curtains
Pretend like there's no world outside
And we could pretend that all the time…
We got everything we need right here
And everything we need is enough
It's just so easy
When the whole world fits inside of your arms…

He’s part of my every move, my every dream, my every reason for living…
I would never want to face another day without him in my life.. Honestly, i can no longer remeber how...

Comments:
dear, nararanasan ko rin yan. I'm sure lahat ng pinaghihirapan natin may magandang kapalit :) God sees every inch of effort that we exert. God Bless You Liana :)
 
Oh, love.
This made me tear up. ;)
 
joan! tnx dear... im stper stressed na... hayy... anyway, gudluck na rin with your thesis.Ü


to anonymous: may i know who you are? tnx
 
joan! tnx dear... im stper stressed na... hayy... anyway, gudluck na rin with your thesis.Ü


to anonymous: may i know who you are? tnx
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]