Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Sweetest Distraction

Two nights ago, before bedtime, this is one weird habit, I went to the kitchen to read the papers. As I was flipping the pages, a familiar face caught my eyes: it was Chris Tiu’s- the record holder of my longest crush, ever.


Despite the handful of errors the journalist committed, like calling him a Green Archer for instance, I continued reading up until the last word. I couldn’t help but imagine how I would be like have I read this months ago. I would probably re- read it over and over, up to the point of memorizing facts. And his pictures? They would have gone straight to the center of my corkboard.

I seldom have crushes on celebrities, though. And in those few instances, the fantasies were short- lived. Perhaps, there was something about Chris Tiu that made the giggles and daydreams last longer. It could have been his gorgeous face, his basketball prowess, or maybe it was the fact that he was also intelligent. Whatever the reason behind was, it no longer mattered. The six months of going gaga over Chris Tiu ended the moment I found out he was actually a friend’s ( hi Dex) first cousin. The fact that he was that close to my reality dethroned him from being “the perfect guy”, and, eventually, the “kilig” wore off.




So, currently, I’m having a time- out from being lost in thoughts about some famous guy. No one had been really successful of replacing Chris Tiu, yet. For now, I would just settle for the equally good- looking Chinito guys in La Salle, until the next big crushie comes along.


Keng’s still my super duper truper crush, though. *wink*

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]