Saturday, January 12, 2008

Simple Joys

When we are faced with death, we learn to appreciate life.
When we are faced with undeniably backbreaking challenges, we learn to appreciate the simple things that make us smile.

One week- I can’t believe the first day of classes is just 7 days behind me. Seven nights of sleeping for a while, then waking up to continue homeworks, then sleeping again, and waking up once more trying hard to accomplish anything bleary- eyed; I’m afraid I’ve lost my sense of time. I go to school, not knowing what day it is, because even so it won’t make the slightest difference. Whether it was a Monday or a Thursday or even a Saturday, my days flow by the same; and if there’s one thing I cannot tolerate about life, it is living it monotonously and just going with the plans.

On the other hand, if there’s one thing I adore about my seemingly humdrum life, it’s the bunch of people I live it with.

I know, not everyone is luckless to be submerged into a modular lifestyle, but these past days, I also realized, not all people are lucky enough to have crossed path with undeniably witty and lovable souls.

Mr. Scholar: Two. (his answer to 750 less 698)

Mr. President: Pwede si Ms. Myra na lang mag- panel for the business case? (fyi, Ms. Myra is the dep. secretary)

Ms. Athletic: Dapat ba ethical? (her response to our prof who was asking about
what we can suggest to a firm)

Ms. Sexy: By pair na lang kaya. (when asked to ‘adopt’ a person, she obviously
doesn’t like, into their group)

Ms. Chinky eyes: Oh my God! (when she found out she ‘accidentally’
took the log book with her.)

Mr. Top- notcher: Why would you get something that ugly? (referring to the log book)

Ms. Pet: Weeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeee! (squealing like a pig in class)


One week down, less than three months to go. There’ll be a lot of challenges and chapters of books and sets of exams I have to win through, that’s for sure. But with the breed of people I have for blockmates, modular doesn’t feel like modular, at all.

K32 rocks!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]