Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rerun

There were countless of times I’ve been placed on the spot and have been asked which parts of my past I would rather change given the chance to. And of all those untold instances, I remember answering, ‘none’.

Just this morning, I visited a friend’s blog, and, once more, I asked myself: Is there anything about my history I rather modify?

In spite of giving myself a pretty lengthy list of my missteps, I still can’t find any reason to change my past. Same as the worn- out answer, I treasure every story behind me and all the lessons I’ve learned with every bruise.

If I’ve been the perfect daughter, I would have never appreciated my parents’ unconditional love.

If I’ve been successful in every pursuit, no victory would ever be sweet.

If I’ve been the perfect girlfriend, I wouldn’t have prized the unfailing love Keng secures me with.


If I’ve had a different past, if I’ve made better judgments, if I’ve done things better than the way I did, I would have been, not necessarily better, but certainly a different person living everyday with people other than those who are parts of my story right now.


I don’t love every inch about myself today- and that’s one hefty reason why I hold dear all the souls who appreciate and love me in spite of my imperfections and lapses.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]