Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nine- Year Extension

It happened nine years ago, yet it remains vivid in my memory. My dad was rushed to the hospital; my mom said he’s going to be alright. But the tear that was forming in the corner of my mom’s eye told me otherwise.

My dad needed to undergo a triple by-pass operation. I was just in third grade then and I don’t understand a single medical term the doctor was saying; but I detected from the tone of his voice that it was something serious.

When I got home that night, I prayed really, really hard. I asked God to save my dad, and if He does, I’ll love my dad everyday with all of my heart- and that is, exactly, what I’ve been doing for the past nine years of my life.

Perhaps, God knew I couldn’t get through a single day without my tatay. Perhaps, he heard my prayers from the stars. Perhaps, that day was just a simple reminder for me to always love and appreciate my dad. I know there’s no need for that incident to happen for me to love him the way I love him now. But there are certain things we tend to take for granted until one awakening episode happens. I’m just thankful that event took place before it was too late for both of us.

To my all- time UAAP buddy, to my No. 1 fan, to the one special man who is irreplaceable in my heart, happy additional nine years to your life and happy additional nine wonderful years of having a dad like you to myself, too!


Comments:
I, myself, am a Tatay's girl. Hehe=)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]