Sunday, January 6, 2008

Daily Dose of Strength


For the past three years, what have been occupying the most space in my closet are the ‘giant’ Tupperwares where I keep all the books I’ve used for the past 2 modular terms. I have three of them already and I’m predicting I would have to ask for another one by the end of this term.

A week before the first day of classes, I took time out from enjoying the rest of my vacation to clean the books. Most of those books, if not all, were brought from Recto. Well, it’s kind of amusing how I managed to fill three giant containers without knowing a sole bookstore in that place and how to even get there. All I had to do to get hold of the stackssss of books I needed was push some buttons on my cell phone. Well, Keng has been spoiling me with his book service, for the last three years.

If there’s one thing I look forward to during modular terms, it’s the special treatment Keng gives me. In spite of his tight schedule and own share of pressures to handle, he always does whatever he can to make things easier for me. The book service I mentioned, that’s just one of his countless ways of sending love. With his every move, his every word, with every tight squeeze of my hand, he expresses his faith in me. And with every embrace, with every gentle kiss on my forehead, he assures me, that no matter what appears on that course card in the end, I’m no less than the person he loves. That -more than anything- has been my biggest source of strength.

to carry me through every day


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]