Monday, January 21, 2008

Cold Feet

I have always been the “baby”.

My dad treats me like a 12- year old girl who’ll never grow up. He drives to wherever I have to be and texts me non-stop when I’m neither in school nor at home. I don’t have a problem with my dad being that protective, though. What I’m concerned about is I might not be able to handle things well on my own.

When I went off to College, I assumed it would somehow be different. In all fairness to my dad, he loosened up a bit and let me deal with my own issues. However, in school, I still feel like I’m being taken cared of too well.

I must admit, La Salle has been spoiling me since day one:

..The air- conditioned rooms, sound proof study halls, hassle- free on-line enrollment, guards stationed as far as Rizal Memorial for security, round the clock neat bathrooms with different sized mirrors..

I know, they’re just giving me my money’s worth. But then again, it bothers me that I might get so used to this first class treatment and find it very difficult to adjust when I already have to- like, basically, right now.


In a couple of days, I will undergo a sudden change of lifestyle. My havs and slip- ons will have to give my to my flashy pointed stilettos, and I will have to give up my skinny jeans and comfy tops to pencil cut skirts and ruffled tops. My three years of preparation will be put to the test while I take
my first taste of the real world, perhaps even bumping into
people whose place I might nail in the future.

There’s no way of denying it; I feel jittery, but not scared. I’m certain that I can bring something to the table. Now is, finally, my turn to prove I can manage things on my own.. without the comforts of my second home.. without manong guard to flash the stop sign whenever I cross the busy Taft…



I'll miss the greens and whites

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]