Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cheat Sheets

Random thoughts are circling in my mind right now that I find it really difficult to translate into words whatever I want to declare. Perhaps, saying that I have experienced my first day in SGV and my first overtime in the same place within 24 hours would be sufficient to express how tired I am while typing this down.

My first day can still be considered bearable and fun, despite the additional hours I spent in the office. Seriously, the mere experience of getting hold of those sacred financial statements signed by the partners, themselves, is overwhelming. More than that, the privilege of signing an actual Audit Control Sheet is definitely gratifying. The bruises on my feet caused by going back and forth the 8th and 4th floor was just a small price to pay for having had the chance to create a mark in SGV.

After being exposed to the firm’s work environment, I guess, finally, I can say I can see myself working as a CPA- with piles of papers to accomplish and 15 days a month of OTs.

SGV and Co. is my dream workplace. Considering that they have 60% of the top 1000 companies in the world as clients, I’m sure there are a hundred other students who would kill to be in my place. I would never ruin this opportunity by being a Primadonna. As what I’ve told my boss, I’ll do anything as long as it’s not morally degrading. And, if ever he would want some coffee, I’ll be willing to go down the street and buy him a cup from Strarbucks. I just really have no idea how to make one myself.



I signed an actual audit control sheet!


After a long day of working, some of my expectations weren’t met. I was super excited to do certain stuffs I now know would be impossible. However, I am not rushing into ‘acting’ like a CPA. I’m willing to take baby steps into becoming the best one that I can be. So to Sir Valen and Big Boss JEZ, bring on the humongous pile of financial statements for me to photocopy and roll. I would accomplish all of them with a big smile plastered on my face.





i took this while waiting for my driver, uh, dad pala!



By the way, I just found my HR supervisor super cute when he mentioned ‘cheat sheets’. And since I can’t find a way to mention about it, I decided to put it on top. *wink*

Comments:
Aw. You're living my dream, dream then. Nalihis ako ng landas eh. Plans kind of changed when I entered college. Reading your entry just made me realize that there's something left here pa pala, I still want that. Corporate world, and all. Hayayay.
 
Anyway, I know you're doing great there. And I wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later, ikaw na ang boss. Hehe;) Miss you!
 
sna after this, dream ko pa rin 'to.. hehe... my boss is just a slave driver.. im doing ot everyday! huhuhu... nweiz, i kind of feel the same way sometimes... na bka corpo world isnt for me.. it would be interesting if we could switch lives for a day, db? crazy thought.. hehe..

misyah, dear...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]