Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blown Away

Just this morning, I was flipping through the pages of my planner, marking special dates and friends’ birthdays. Then, I got knocked out; this is actually the last time I’ll be planning the year ahead as a student.

Currently, I’m about to face my last year in College. Well, my ‘last year’ if I’ll make it through 2 modular terms, the OJT and a thesis in one piece- and breathing. Terrified won’t even begin to express how I feel right now. I’m not fearful of the challenges, though. What I’m scared of are the many decisions I will soon have to make. It’s funny the way I carefully planned how my life would be like only to find myself a door away from those plans, yet still clueless of what to do. It’s amusing how we unearth what we truly want early on in our lives and merely forget it as we tread our way towards that goal.

Right now, I’m a day away from my last year as a student. I am, possibly, a giant leap away from my dream. As I plan the pivotal year ahead, I won’t forget to allot time to take thought of my heart’s desires, hoping they won’t slip away.

I have long envisioned this stage in my life. I’m just astonished it’s now staring at me, intently waiting for my judgments and actions.

I hope I’ll not disappoint myself, and the mere handful of people who have faith in me.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]