Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ten Times Braver

For my 8th term, I've accomplished something i thought was beyond my capabilities: earning a spot in the FIRST HONORS DEAN'S LIST.Be that as it may, there is one more thing I've fulfilled, which is of equal importance, if not more than, with that colored certificate I'll be receiving. Last term, I took my last law and my last taxation subject and got way higher than 80, the passing mark.
I suppose, every soul who has spent a decent time with with me knows that i want to become a lawyer. I have high respects for CPAs, and their job is anything but easy. I just can't see yself working as one, all my life. Perhaps, i still have a resticted view of what CPAs really do. I might change my mind; I might not. For now, I'll deal with the fact that I regard my undergrad degree as a mere stepping stone to the colossal dream i made for myself.

For the past eight terms, I've been submerged into a lot of pressures and humbling challenges. I'm just overjoyed that, in spite of terror professors, grilling recitations and nerve- wracking exams, I was able to make it through all my law and my taxation subjects whithout a grade lower than 91.
That made me ten times braver...


...still not brave enough, though.



I'm envious of those people who earn quiz score as low as 40/100 in their majors, yet still possess overflowing courage to actually fill- up law school application forms. i guess, one can't be blessed with everything. There are certain ingredients I must discover and develop myself.

So for now, I'm giving myself two years to wrestle with insecurities and reservations. Hopefully, I'll emerge as the victor and, eventually, have that "Attorney" attached before my name.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]