Sunday, December 23, 2007

Mini MEs

For the past four months, one thing I’ve been missing badly is playing and running around with my cousins. Alyza, Alyna and Aldrei are three of my youngest cousins who live right next to our house. I used to spend the entire afternoon just watching cartoons with them, despite quizzes and approaching deadlines. Unfortunately, last term, my classes end as late as 7:30 pm. So by the time I reach home, they are already in their PJs, peacefully resting on their beds.

Yesterday was my first chance to bond with them again. Rather than playing and running around with those angels, I preferred to just sit on the porch and watch them from afar. These kids lost their dad over four months ago. Yet, there’s no more trace of loneliness in their eyes. Their actions show that they moved on and have forgiven. In spite of their innocent minds and fragile hearts, they managed to stay strong; and I’m confident they will continue to be so throughout the coming years.

Now, as I wrap my Christmas presents for the three little angels of my life, pictures of my own childhood flash right before my eyes. Back then, I’ve been wishing for a big sister from Santa. For this Christmas, what I sincerely wish for from the Big Man Upstairs is His guidance, so I can be the best Ate for Alyza, Alyna and Aldrei- the Ate I never had.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]