Sunday, December 23, 2007

Enchanted.Ü

Weeks ago, there’s this movie, which Keng and I have been planning to watch but our schedules just would not permit us to. My final exams were getting in the way and so were his major subjects. Fortunately, just when we thought that pirated DVD was our only resort, Keng found out that it was still being shown at Shang. So for this year’s Christmas date, we agreed that “Enchanted” was the perfect movie to watch.

The film was a 7 year- old’s dream come true: seeing Cinderella come alive and live a perfect life in this imperfect world. Actually, she didn’t live a perfect life. She was perceived to be ignorant and crazy by the people around her. Nevertheless, she stood by her principles and her sweet idea of love. Enchanted taught me how different real life love stories are from fairy tales- only because we make them so. Of course, there wouldn’t be any fairy godmother to save the day, but the most important thing comes down to just expressing how much a person means to you, how much you really love him/her. Like how Giselle’s song goes, “How does she know you love her?”

Before Keng and I left the movie house, I went to the restroom to check if I still looked okay. Honestly, my main reason was to check if I had any unwanted stains from flavored popcorns. I’m such a messy eater. To my surprise, there was this magical mirror plastered on the bathroom’s huge mirror. And in gold letters were the words: Will I ever find my prince charming?

That line made me smile. I though to myself, with a Christmas song playing on the background, that I shouldn’t be wasting my time in there. I don’t want my prince to be waiting in vain outside. *wink*

I love you, sweetie, and you don’t ever have to say sorry that you couldn’t give me a perfect world. My life can’t be any better when you’re in it. Happy Christmas.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]