Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Perhaps he's serious this time...

Years ago, I watched my brother jump from one relationship to another, break girls’ hearts week after week and flirt with some “hot chic” despite being committed. So long before any guy attempted to win me over through flower and chocolates, I already knew all those strategies.


Aside from the fact that my “heartbreaker” radar sharpened, I found nothing good about my brother making too many girls cry.

One time, he dated my closest teacher’s sister just to prove he could. After that, he pursued my mom’s bestfriend’s daughter for the same reason. Good thing, even after those awful break- ups, the friendships at stake weren’t harmed.

Recently, though, he’d been constantly teasing my parents about moving out and settling down. I know he couldn’t be serious about it. He hadn’t outgrown his possessiveness and irascibility, yet. But the mere fact that he stayed, and still is, with the same girl for more than a year put a dab of truth to those jokes.

the (then?)-heartbreaker
Sooner or later, my brother will settle down and lead a family of his own. When that time comes, I hope he’s ready- in all aspects that he needs to be. When that time comes, I hope he has found the one true love of his life. Oh well, considering how many girls he had been with already, it’s possible he already had.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]