Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lovers' Tiff

Every now and then, Keng and I go through those picayune fights. Whether they be about cancelled dates, revealing outfits, broken promises or last- minute change of plans, we breeze our way through them and reconcile in a snap- except when we’re both too stressed out that insignificant squabbles transform into blown- up arguments.

Last night was a perfect example.

I don’t want to dwell on the facts, anymore. We rarely (as in 1 out of 10) share our problems, even with friends. Our relationship has always been about the two of us- without any extension. That’s the reason why some think we’re “the perfect couple”. Well, we’re not. We’re far from being one.

We never aimed to portray that image, either. We just avoid sharing the bitter parts of the relationship out of respect. Whenever we argue, cruel words might slip, but we’ll be able to forgive each other COMPLETELY, afterwards. On the flip side, other people might get the wrong impressions about either of us, if they hear those stories. Not that they are too narrow- minded; it’s just that they aren’t INVOLVED, so they won’t FULLY understand the circumstances.

Lately, whenever we go through harrowing times, I push him away. I suggest the “break- up” solution and make it appear as the only cure. I know it’s excruciating for him, yet he never let me go of his tight embrace. He calms me down, whisper consoling words to my ear, and I’ll end up in tears- smiling.

I guess, Keng and I have argued on every possible moot point- except regarding third parties. We get jealous, of course. But we charge it on our irresistible charms and never on one’s faithfulness, or the lack of it. If there’s one perfect element in our commitment, it’s the trust we give to each other.

As I write this, I’m desperately missing him. Green tea frapp doesn’t taste as good when he’s not with me, and the Christmas song playing makes me feel more empty. In spite of the recent tiff we had, my heart longs for him. I’m looking forward to spending time with him again; when no one else seems to exist, when the usual busy road looks empty and when the only record playing is our song…


I’m sorry, and I love you more…

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]