Monday, October 15, 2007

She's my 21st

The La Sallian’s latest issue came out with a list of the 20 Most Influential La Sallians. Had they allotted enough space to accommodate one more person, I know the perfect one to fill that spot.


Ms. Marivic Manalo

A professor and a second mother to all- Ms. Manalo is one of those professors tasked to do the grueling job of welcoming freshmen to the ruthless world of Accountancy. Filled with passion and dedication to her chosen career, this motherly professor lectures her students not merely about formulas and accounting concepts that will lead them to a CPA license. She is often armed with inspiring words and uplifting stories she unselfishly shares.


Honestly, I am in no position to claim how much Ms. Manalo has influenced the entire La Sallian community, but she sure left a permanent mark in my life.

Every ounce of passion I have for Accountancy, she planted it in my heart.

She is the living sign God sent to assure me I am on the right path. Every instance she calls me “My Future Lawyer” adds a drop of confidence in my blood stream that urges me to strive even more.

Ms. Manalo is a hard- working professor. But more than that, she is an inspiration; a living proof that any deed, to be fruitful and significant, should spring out of passion and sheer love.




Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]