Thursday, October 25, 2007

Open 24/7

Make new friends,
But keep the old;
Those are silver,
These are gold.
(Taken from a poem)


Songs-that-hit-the-charts-then-fade was how I used to look at College friendships. Besides, everyone was already pre- occupied by long- time founded relationships that no one would be willing to neither share himself nor take a bite from what few others offer.

But that was before I met a set of amazingly beautiful people. Ü

Friendships, in all contexts, are only subject to the limitations we set. How deep a relationship can develop depends on how wide you are willing to open the gates and nothing else.

I already have five friends I practically grew up with. They are irreplaceable; they know that. There are also few and very selected people from HS I sincerely treasure and care for. I opened up and shared myself with these people and I don’t see the point why I should be selfish and end the list there.

College is a bliss; but I made time to open my heart and share myself with special people I crossed path with. I didn’t set limitations and standards. I learned to unmask myself in front of uncertainties. I let go of doubts and fears, and I wasn’t disappointed.

Make new friends,
While keeping the old.
Those are silver,
But will soon turn gold
.


-my version


To Dez and Tin, thanks for the 20-minute talk we had the other day. It made our friendship leap a decade. And to Margot and the rest of my oh-so-gorgeous friends, thanks for everything! I love you, all and more giggles to come!


Whatever doubts and insecurities the past slapped me with, I am lucky to have met people who healed the wounds and embraced me.







('wag magtampo 'yung mga wala sa pic. friends ko pa rin kayo.*wink*)


They are my friends. And yes, I met them in College.

Comments:
nice. prends kayo ni jecel joy sapanghila. hahaha!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]