Sunday, October 21, 2007

Neverland- FOUND

Once upon a time- I have never grown tired of reading this line and watching movies which start their story with it. Cinderella has always been a favorite and I think there will never come a time I’ll get sick of that maid-turned-princess story of hers. Fairy tales have been part of my childhood and the ideas they bring stayed with me more than they probably should.

So why do writers have to make up all those glittering glass shoes, little fairies flying, seven friendly dwarves, etc., etc., just to translate the power of that emotion which sounds so scary yet attractive; that shattering experience we untiringly search for; that thing called LOVE?

I know this thought once haunted your brain. And knowing mine so well, it will not allow me to sleep unless I dwell on it and formulate my own answer.

So, why? Why superficial things? Why perfection? Why those things which seem unreachable?

Tic.. tic… tic…

C’mon… just give a decent answer or a lame excuse… I just want to be in my bed right now.. every part of me, except this pesky brain, wants to rest…

Then, my phone rang. It was HIM. He called to say good night. And he gave me the answer.


He said I Love You and I find myself answering I Love You More, as if it was the most natural thing next to breathing. That simple exchange of lines revealed the answer I am in search for:

If someone will ask me to write a story about the love we share, I will not just write about wicked witches and sweet, life- saving kisses. Our story will be about singing angels, endless rivers, blue trees and a smiling green sun. What surrounds me, the experiences I’ve had, they will never be enough to capture the strong feeling and commitment that bind our hearts. Perhaps, making the non- existent alive still wont.

Neverland is a world presented by a well- known fairy tale. I know it isn’t real, yet I found it.

I found Neverland.

And finding it, is finding love..

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]