Sunday, October 14, 2007

It was a Mistake I had to Make

I thought it was over between us…
I thought four years were all we had…

The scornful words, sharp looks, and everything I expected him to throw at me,

they never came.


If I knew how that conversation would have crushed him, will I still initiate it?


Yes.


I have to.


I had to.



I could have lost him that day. It could have been too much for him to bear.

I could have regretted it.

It could have turned out to be a mistake.



But it did not.



He acted maturely. He kept an open- mind about my needs and aspirations.

He understood.

Despite and in spite of every bitter word, he did.



Ya, I know there will be more heartbreaking decisions to be made in the future. We may not see everything eye to eye, but we will always work things out.

It was just one misunderstanding. Our emotions got in the way. I never said anything about completely setting “us” aside. Before, we decide according to what’s convenient for our relationship. We rather forgo a lot of opportunities than take risks.

From now on, we’ll do otherwise.

We will decide according to what we want and then, the “us” will adjust.
I want both of us to be individually happy with who we will eventually turn out to be in the future. I don’t want us to have regrets in the end.

This stage in our relationship has brought pain and heartaches, but I’m proud we’ve reached this far.


I have faith in us.
I have faith in our love.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]