Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm the BOSS


My clock alarmed three hours earlier than usual this morning. I had to be in school before 9:00 am to attend the talk I blindly regarded as heaven’s answer to my prayers.

Ley La Salle, an organization mainly composed of Legal Management students, organized a forum and invited the 2003 bar topnotcher to relate his experiences, brag about his achievements and share survival tips to probable law students.

I am a probable law student.

Rather, I am a possible law student.


It’s surprising how a word could make such difference.
I badly need to make up my mind.


I was baby steps- actually and figuratively- away from the venue.

Then, I hesitated.

What in the world was I thinking? Why would I rely my future on that weird looking guy in his lame corporate suit? His tie didn’t even match his orange long sleeves.


I won’t do that again.
I won’t search the answers from someone else, especially when it concerns my happiness and fulfillment.


That guy could have been encouraging and inspirational. He could have been annoying and proud, instead. However he was like, I no longer cared. Listening and learning from someone were a plus, but depending my decision solely on others was the worst crime I could have committed. .

Ley La Salle organized that forum to enlighten students and I’m certain the speaker had the same aim in my mind. I was the one on the wrong foot. I came there with the wrong agenda.

Since this very minute, I won’t ever mull over entering the sacred gates of Law school or not. I won’t waste my time and energy asking myself hypothetical questions and giving answers of the same sort.

This is on the record:

A year or two after graduation, I will enroll in a prestigious Law School.
If I figure out it isn’t for me, then I’ll quit. I may never become a lawyer, but I will make sure it is because I do not want to, not because I lack the guts.



Just yesterday, I hailed Ley La Salle thinking they would give the answer to my most- asked question.

Well, they did, somehow, in a way different from what I expected.


Nevertheless, they did.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]