Sunday, September 16, 2007

Torn Between Two MEN

Life was a lot simpler back then; when there was only one guy in my heart. No competition. No jealousy. No need to weigh options and make choices.

Those days are gone now. I’m in a dilemma. I’m stuck between two men who are very special in heart:




my DAD and my future boy friend.




My dad and I are inseparable. He tags me along to practically everywhere he goes to. We even hold hands when we walk and I still (automatically) baby talk whenever I answer his calls.

My dad is my favorite mall buddy. I love the fact that he just stays at Power books while I do my shopping with his wallet in my bag. Then, we’ll meet three or four hours later, he’ll inspect every single piece I bought inside the car and complain about almost everything. But since they were already paid for, his you-cant-wear-this-shirt-at-school speech ends with him feeling so irritated and, of course, with me smiling from ear to ear.



my dad and i @ araneta, watching dlsu vs. admu













However, my dad has been acting a bit weird lately. I suspect he’s getting jealous; and not just the plain jealous type, but the boy friend jealous kind of jealous. You know what I mean.

One time he told me to just send him a text and he’ll pick me up. I was surprised by that look on his face when he saw me at our doorstep- with keng. I knew then that he wasn’t mad about me not texting him. I was certain he got jealous because I chose keng to bring me home rather than him.




My dad isn’t ready to let me go. He’s still not prepared for that i-entrust- you-my-daughter scene he’ll soon be facing. I can’t blame him. It’s not easy to see your only girl become some other guy’s girl.


I love my dad.
My dad loves me more. He showers me with a love as pure and as unshakable as that of a mother’s. And unlike most dads, he’s not afraid to say it.


I’m a self- confessed daddy’s girl. He’ll forever be my no.1 guy.


He will still be my favorite mall buddy. I still look forward to watching basketball games with him. I will still sit on his lap and hold his hand whenever (and wherever) I want to. And I will still send him ‘I love you’s on his cell phone on Christmas and Valentine’s.

But….


Soon, he’ll have to open our house and his heart, to this one special guy I chose.
He’ll have to entrust his little girl to this guy he sees as competition. He might not like him, but he’ll have to be polite, or else his hurt his baby’s heart.














Dad, I know it will be difficult, even bloody, considering how close we are and how protective you are as a dad. You may not be cool, but you’re irreplaceable. And no guy can take you out of my life. You have a place in my heart, deepened and made special with every trip to the mall, every basketball game, every graduation, every “simbang gabi”, every Christmas, every “date”, every joke, every argument, every hug, every good night kiss, and just about everything we ever shared.



And, by the way, there’s no reason for you to get all nervous. He’ll take care of me, dad, because, believe it or not, he’s like you. A lot slimmer, but just like
the way you are.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]