Thursday, September 27, 2007

One Love, One Lifetime



Another boring day, I thought to myself.
I’ve already watched all the dvds we had, scanned every tv station and still found nothing interesting. So I stood up from the bed, tied my hair in a pony tail and went out of the room. From where I stood, I could see my dad reading the newspaper in the terrace. As I approached to join him, I smiled at what I saw:
my dad was holding the newspaper he was reading at one hand and the other was holding unto our rocking chair where my mom was sleeping. My dad was continuously rocking the chair so my mom could peacefully sleep.

Usually, whenever I see a couple being sweet to each other, I tease them. But this time around, I just stood there and enjoyed the scene. The smile didn’t leave my face for seconds and in my mind and heart, I was thankful for having wonderful parents to show me that true love is real. That unlike in fairy tales, true love doesn’t mean perfection. It is coupled with sacrifices and pain, heartaches and disappointments. But my parents are a sweet reminder to me, that if the love is genuine, it can stand any test.

I know that my parents won’t always be there for me when times get tough. They won’t be there to forever protect me from pain. But their simple and natural gestures taught me the greatest of life lessons without them even knowing it. It will not be their words that will echo in my head whenever I am troubled. It will be their memories, pictures of them showing me that together, they led the best life possible.


Someday… one day…. I want to be able to tell my parents, with the innocence and sincerity of a child, that they are the best parents in the whole wide world.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]