Monday, September 24, 2007

The LIZMORASCH experience (every girl's ritual)

I was boyish. I WAS boyish.

Jeans and shirts were the only things that belonged in my closet and sneakers were the only shoes welcomed in my shoe rack. I didn’t wear earrings, or any accessories for that matter, aside from the Nike presto watch I used to own.

I never treasured my Barbie dolls.
And I never dreamt of looking like them.

My elem days were about basketball: playing the sport and watching the games. I was never the reserved type who would sit in one corner during PE classes. I run. I play. I get dirty. And I sweat like a pig.

But then, no matter how much I enjoyed those days, I needed to grow up.

Time flies so fast and suddenly, I was already a College student. It was like I was dropped into an Era different from the one I used to belong in.

I thought it would be difficult to adjust.

Fortunately, it wasn’t really that tough.

Not long after, I started adapting to the culture.

I started wearing clothes I never thought I would look good in. I learned about sandals, slip- ons, flip flops, stilettos, etc. I wore earring, necklaces, belts, bangles and whatever there was that could make my outfit more interesting. I learned socializing to strangers I meet in every class (since we don’t have blocks). And I finally accepted that not all DLSU students are elitists.


Anyways, the other day, I felt like trying something new. I don’t go to salons to have regular manicures and pedicures. I used to do it by myself. There was just this time I went there with friends to have that usual girl bonding. But the other day was different. It was the first time I went to Lizmorasch, in my own free will, to subject myself to the “Ritual”.

I enjoyed it. Really, really enjoyed it.

It always feels good to be pampered.

I just went there for a pedicure but I ended up paying P300 for a manicure, pedicure and nail art. I also got free foot massage and free stories from Ate. It was really worth it.



Sometimes, I still miss that ‘factory worker’ look (in jeans, shirt and sneakers) I used to have. And I terribly miss basketball and other rough games. But I’ve already enjoyed those things at one time in my life. Now, I’m just enjoying that part of me who loves flowers, pink tops, skirts, flip flops, head bands, shopping sprees and pedicures.


I’m just having fun being a girl. Ü




And that’s evidence. *wink*





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]