Thursday, September 27, 2007

Leech- like Commitments don't work for me (or for anyone else)

Four more terms and I’m done with my undergrad life. I’ve been having constant trips to that distant future awaiting and I am often caught dreaming in broad daylight.

I am completely aware of those pot- holed streets I would have to pass through to that ‘happy ever after’. I am preparing myself to the sacrifices and heart- breaking decision I will soon make, and one conversion I had with my “boyfriend” gave me a preview of the many serious talks coming.

“What if there’s an opportunity for me to study abroad after graduation? Will you let me?”

If I heard that question from him years ago, I would have turned into that green- eyed insecure monster I once was and give him a DEFINITELY NOT answer.

But since I’ve already changed and matured in a lot of ways I never thought possible, I answered yes.

I said yes not because I know he wanted me to.
I said yes because I love him.

We’ve been together for four years. And even though our relationship remains unlabelled, we know exactly where we stand in each other’s life and we know for a fact that we want to be in each other’s future.

Four years is four years. It’s long enough to get tired of being with the same person, yet still too short to say I already know every inch of him.

Until now, I’m puzzled by how much I’ve grown as a person with him. I never thought I could love someone this much. Yeah, there goes that line again. But now it actually makes sense.

No matter how much I love being with him and no matter how much time we’ve spent together, I never, not even once, forgot who I am as a person. Because who I am when with him is that same person I am when alone or with someone else. My principles, my faith, my few disgusting habits; I don’t have to set them aside when we’re together. It goes with me… it stays with me… and he loves me with all that...





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]